Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas delight


Finally! I have made my first Gluten-free gingerbread house. I spent about 5 hrs decorating it! Baking is one of those things I could literally spend hours doing...well decorating my baking anyways hahaha.

Although the actual gingerbread is healthy, the icing however, is not. Oh well 'tis the season and add an extra few minutes to your workout!

Gingerbread house

1.5 cups of garbanzo bean flour
1 cup of Amaranth flour
2.5 cups of Brown rice flour
1 tsp Xantham gum
1 TBLS fresh ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup of molasses

Mix all ingredients together, cut out shapes, bake at 375 for no more than 9-11 minutes!

I used Royal icing for decorating. (I used the meringue powder from Wiltons)

No comments:

Post a Comment